Matt and Sally Wilkinson have set up this website in memory of the neonatal journey of their twin boys, Samuel and Harry, born at 25 weeks in October 2015. The aim is to support all other #prematurerockstars on their neonatal journey by raising as much money as possible for various good causes.
In June 2019 we will be doing our second Neon for Neonatal colour run. Please support, share, promote #prematurerockstar to help raise awarenss of premature birth and help us ensure #Samlegacy lives loud and prioud. To date we have raised, £15,957.41 for a range of good causes and we love to add to this.
Sadly Samuel grew his angel wings at 16 days old and following a 107 day stay in hospital, Harry is now thriving and growing into an amazing little boy. Sam’s legacy is to support other babies and families who are going through their own neonatal journeys.
We have had many friends and colleagues join Matt in runnning marathons and half marathons, we have held a family fun day, Isabelle danced for her little brother and we most recently did a colour run as a family!
In 2017 we raised over £7000 for Emily’s Star and The Smallest Things, two charities who support the families of sick and premature babies. As part of this a big thank you to everyone who came and joined in the fun at our #Prematurerockstar family fun day on 17 September 2017. It was great so many people came to support us and help us raise £2253.20 towards our fundraising (pictures and raffle winners below).
Matt, and friend Dan, ran two marathons in York and Birmingham on consecutive weekends #twofortwins. In Birmingham they were joined by a number of friends and colleagues - Team Premature Rockstar - running with them for all #prematurerockstars (pictures and results below).
In 2016, Matt and colleagues raised money for the hospitals who cared for our boys running the Warwick Half Marathon following generous friends and family donating as part of our farewell to Samuel.
Please details please visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SomeoneSpecial/prematurerockstar
For details please visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SomeoneSpecial/prematurerockstar2017
For details please visit http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/someonespecial/samuelwilkinson
For details please visit https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-portal/fundraiserPage?pageId=717485
For details please visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Prematurerockstargoesneon
Emilys Star provide neonatal boxes to local neonatal units, which include items for both mum and premature or underweight babies. Both Samuel and Harry received boxes but every box costs £32 and we want to donate 100 boxes in memory of Samuel.
The Smallest Things, founded in 2014, is a registered charity promoting the good health of premature babies and their families.
Preemie Proud Red Book Stickers act as a visible reminder to alert health care professionals to a babies with a premature history. Used to personalise a baby’s red books, parents can choose from a series of stickers found in a dedicated sticker pack. 150 packs of stickers cost £142.
The registered charity for University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust and Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust. They exist to make things better for patients, their families and the staff who treat them.
They provide funding for important equipment, pioneering research and all the important extras that make hospitals and community services so special.
The Dudley Group NHS Charity is an umbrella charity which looks after the charitable funds of all the wards and departments. Our Registered Charity Number is 1056979. Once your donation goes into the main charity account it will be directed immediately to your designated ward or department charity fund.
We fund research into miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth, and provide pregnancy health information to parents. We believe it is unacceptable that one in four women lose a baby during pregnancy and birth. We want every parent to have the best possible pregnancy outcomes and to take home happy, healthy babies.
Sunday 17 September 2017
We held a raffle at our #prematurerockstar Family & Friends Fun Day in September 2017. The winners are:
• AshEnd House Children's Farm - Family Ticket - Sarah Bodycote • Halfpenny Green Vineyard Cream - Tea for 2 - Rangzeb Iqbal (Saltley Academy)
• Gourmet Burger Birmingham - Dinner for 2 - P Elkington (SFC)
• Hatton Adventure World - 4 Tickets - Lee Browning (BCC)
• Bewdley Pines Golf Club - Cavery meal for 4 - Trevor Baldry (c/o Helen Haynes)
• West Midlands Safari Park - 4 Tickets - John Powell
• Dudley Zoo - 2 Tickets - Diane Hill
• Everyman Cinema Mailbox - 2 Tickets - Nayla Khaled (nursery)
• SnowDome Tamworth - Midweek Tobogganing for 2 - Phil Austin (golf club)
• Wyevale Garden Centre - £15 voucher - Stacey & Dave
• Rays Farm Bewdley - Family Ticket - P Elkington (SFC)
• Wonderland Telford - Family Ticket for 5 - Sarah Dudley
• Wolverhampton Grand Theatre - 50% off Jack and the Beanstalk for upto 6 people - Lindsey & Tom Phipps
• £10 Harvester voucher - Meena (CAG)
• BMW Z4 Remote Control toy car - Hugh (BCC)
• Selection packs of wine and spirits - Stan Hooper (Golf Club), Mike Walsh (BCC), Kate Hazelwood, Mark Williams (BCC), Helen Haines, Georgio, R Deakin, Susan Caswell
• Peter Shilton & Ray Clemence signed goalkeeper gloves (David Hart)
• Monkey Forest - Two Tickets - Louise Stanley (CAG)
• Selection of sweets - Conrad Pietas (Nursery)
• Giant teddy bear - Paige (Nursery)